Nurses are often the first members of the clinical team that a patient will see so it is important that they make a good impression. The uniforms for dental nurses play a key role in this, identifying the nurse as an important member of the team.
When choosing dental uniforms one should remember the 5C’s:
- Clinical: dental nurses are not beauticians, so the uniform must have a clinical look
- Comfortable: you are wearing the tunics all day and they should be designed for the active role of a healthcare professional
- Cotton: a minimum of 50% cotton will give the garment the breathability needed
- Contemporary: a smart contemporary uniform suggests an up-to-date dental practice
- Cut: men and women are not the same shape, a unisex product is not designed for the female form. It is also important that the uniform is available in different leg lengths and that all sizes can be catered for.